Thursday 26 June 2008

Chalk and cheese


Well, today's efforts couldn't be further apart. First we finally have a runner for the hand drawn challenge swap with Paula - weeks ago this should have been done. I have to face it I can't draw (so Paula don't feel so bad aboutthe image transfers - that's how I feel about drawing!! I tried to do things from 'life (strangely, NOT the cheetah lol) but gave up and copied from a picture in the end. I just cannot do all htat pencil shading stuff. A bit of smudging is the best I can do.

So back to the bits of clay for me. Here are two very odd little cards, - I'm hoping that if I ever win one of her clay ATCs the host on the current DC challenge will like one of these. I'm not sure if they are very kitsch or rather naff.

I've really been going off at all sorts of tangents today - trying out something different I saw on a web site, thinking about another project with lots of beading, painting some of my clay heads, buying even more stamps.... (somebody stop me).... still more of that tomorrow, the rest of today's output isn't ready to upload yet but as I'm at work tomorrow it will give me someting to put up tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Ange J Lee said...

Well Cindy, you picked up a pencil, put it to paper and copied an image...and it's VERY obvious that it's a Cheetah....so proves YOU CAN DRAW! and the smudge technique for the shading is very well done....so don't get running yourself down - it's a lovely picture! Well done.
Ange xx

My name is Cindy said...

Thanks Ange, I take your point. BUT I would love to be able to draw like you do, it's a real talent. Still, we all have our strengths, still looking for mine though lol... sense of humour?

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...