Monday 25 January 2010

Summer Garden Goddess...

Well we need to think about summer and flowers in a few months to help us get through these grey days of winter. I don't know about your garden but mine is a tip and pretty depressing to look at at the moment. So when we had to make a garden goddess for our current Art n Soul Challenge I decided that mine would be bright, flowery and cheerful.



She has a little air dried clay face, woollen hair and her dress is made of layered floral die cuts and tiny flowers. We also had to use glitter in this project and I have glittered the flower centres and her 'hat'. I am always surprised by how quick dolls are to put together (once you have decided what you are doing!!)and how nice they are. From being someone who had a thing about dolls I am becoming quite a convert to these paper art dolls.

I'm still not too sure about those lifelike baby ones though......

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow Cindy, another beauty!! She's fantastic and certainly brightens up the day! Love how you've painted her facial features and her hair looks so soft. Fingers crossed - (or maybe a bribe) that I get her - LOL.

Carol said...

She's beautiful Cindy, love her x

Jasmine said...

So cute, my daughter would love this!

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...