Sunday 8 August 2010

JUST A COUPLE

of challenge entries to post. Trying to be organised this month (no chance) as last month I was constantly chasing my tail. First, at Tuesday Taggers the theme is 'Black'. Harder than it sounds. As I am in mega card production mode I chose to make a card. First I stamped and clear embossed onto the plain black card using a Clarity swirl stamp - always an elegant look to a plain piece of card. Then I stamped a little Geisha from a Debbi Moore set and mounted her on a panel. Added a rather dodgy japanesee knot I found in my 'oriental box' that I remember making from a tutorial by Ange.

Secondly an entry for the current Stamp Man Challenge which is 'Take Two Colours'. Just some colour blending using purple and turquoise and stamping with a variety of stamps, mainly Tim Holtz ones I think. Technically I suppose there are grey and black in there as well but think it squeaks in.Not totally sure that is an appropriate sentiment for a card but there you go!!

That's all for today, have decorating to do but hopefully will find time to put the finishing touches to the giveaway ready to be uploaded tomorrow. Hope you will come back and play.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Nice cards Cindy - especially the oriental one - very classic. I don't know much Latin so had to look the quote up!

Jan said...

Lovely couple of cards Cindy.... both very different. I particularly like the second one. The colours are beautiful. I love the stamps and whatever the text says, it sits perfectly!!

Cathy said...

wonderful work!

Meggymay said...

Two, brilliant cards Cindy, love the stamps you used.

Netty said...

Hi Cindy, I love black embossing it always looks so great. Two smashing cards. Annette x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...