Tuesday 2 August 2011

And the July winner is.....

SUSSIE!!!! I have your addy so will post out Friday. Thanks for playing!!

Now you may have noticed that I am a bit late posting.... well the pc saga goes on. We have finally decided that the basic problem is google, I have somehow got a redirect bug attached to google on my machine. Trying to fix that over the weekend we managed at one stage to lose everything and had a dead pc (heart stopping moment that isn't it) but stirling efforts on the part of my OH mean that I have pretty much everything back - AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HAVE A LINK TO GOOGLE. Go figure. I am writing this on my OHs pc as I just cannot sign in to blogger from mine, it just will not do it. (I do use a google account/ID so that's probably why so there might be a way to get in with another ID - depending how I set it up? Think I can remember - naaah) And I can't get on to google no how, no way. It is really weird!!!!!

What we did discover when trying to restore the pc however is that lots of stuff on it is so old it is not supported anymore and it was a real fag to reload all the updates etc etc (I am trying to sound like I have a clue what was going on but Naaah, I don't) so it seems the best thing would be to upgrade. Yay!!! I have given OH a budget and instructions to get the best he can. At least I won't be wasting so much time looking at a blank screen!!

2 comments:

SusanLotus said...

OH WOW! This is a really big surprise for me!!! Thank you thank you Cindy! :D
I hope you solve your pc problems very soon and I agree it´s heartstopping when something is going wrong on the computer... I almost got a virus that started to erase everything on mine, fortunately I was staring at the pc that minute, but at the same moment I saw it I quickly installed MacAfee Virus security or something like that and that solved everything. Thank God!
Hope you are enjoying the sun and warmth as much as I do! :)
Hugs! And again thanks for the wonderful surpise!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sussie, enjoy your new stamps. Cindy you will enjoy a faster pc, it's just the paying for it thats a pain. Laura

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...