Monday 29 April 2013

Tatty Floral Tag for Dragons Dream

The current challenge at Dragon's Dream Tag It On is Pink, Fabric and A Face. As soon as I saw the fabric I thought - I am going to make a fabric flower. The first bit of fabric I grabbed was quite thick but went through my bug with the TH tattered floral die like a dream. Of course it wasn't pink so I coloured it with Spun Sugar distress stains. Found a Lynn Perella face. Layered the background with inks, paints and stencils - this changed a few times as I wasn't happy with it. Stamped with the 'blobby' thing from my Jofy stamp set and added some colour. Stuck some lace on the bottom. Mainly because I was reading the ingredients for another challenge. Sigh.
Job done. Not my usual colour palette but it's growing on me.

 

9 comments:

Helen said...

LOL!!! However you came to it, this tag looks great, thanks for joining in with us at TIO.

ria gall said...

Hi Cindy
the new spun sugar distress paint is a fav for me and this tag is so pretty using the pink, really lovely
Ria

Krisha said...

Hi Cindy,
Your tag is gorgeous!! I love your flower!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous tag, your flower looks wonderful. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Netty said...

beautiful tag Cindy, x

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag your flower looks great. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

Rossella said...

Hi Cindy, your tag is lovely. I really like those Jofy stamps,
Rosie x

chrissie said...

Lovely tag and a great tatty flower

Chrissie x

Sandy said...

I love this Cindy - beautiful colors. It's simply and very artistic. Great job!!
Sandy

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...