Wednesday 22 January 2014

End of an era….

Feeling really sad this week as the current re-structure at work finally starts to kick in and lots of staff will be leaving in a week’s time. As this round of redundancies and retirements kick in, those of us who are left are wondering quite what the future holds. I fully expect more of us will go this summer.

In the normal run of things I make most of the leaving cards but there are just too many this time round. However I have made this one for a close colleague who actually started at the same time I did more years ago than I care to remember!! I did it in lilac as that is the colour of our absolutely disgusting uniform since we were outsourced – I hope she appreciates the joke lol. Inside it just says ‘but we will miss you lots’.

IMG_1010[1]

I love this digital image from Mo Manning (why oh why are there so few ‘ethnic’ images out there? A real gap in the market in my opinion – if I could draw I’d try to do some myself). I haven’t tried ethnic skin colouring before but followed this tutorial from Card Making Magic as I wasn’t sure where to start. It was really helpful and I’m quite pleased with the result given that I don’t do that much colouring. Words and background all done with Serif Craft Artist.

See you soon!!

5 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful card Cindy but sorry about the shake up at work

Love Chrissie x

Christina said...

That is a real beauty Cindy!
Hugs Kristel

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card for your friend, hope the shake up goes smoothly for you.
Yvonne x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card and very well coloured. Sorry about the bad situation at work, sounds rather scary. Valerie

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The card is wonderful and Barbara looks so happy in her innertube with her drink. I thought the touch of lilac and the reason for it is a nice personal touch. I hope the shake goes well for you.

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...