Thursday 28 August 2014

Shhhhhhhhhh…. it’s a **th birthday

IMG_1415[1]

 

My bestie had a milestone birthday this week so of course  I had to make a special card.

However, I was NOT allowed to add any numbers or make references to free bus travel……even though I did point out to her that the top left hand corner was crying out for two big glittery numbers…………………….In the end though as I do treasure our friendship I decided to comply.

She does however love sunflowers, so this is the card I was making them for the other week. It’s a box card, and there on the LHS I added a pocket to put her present, vouchers for afternoon tea and a theatre and dinner trip. 

   IMG_1416[1] 

Now, I am pretty sure I saw a similar card some time ago around the internet, which is why the idea was in my head and I do like to acknowledge it when I CASE someone else’s project. However couldn’t remember where it was from, and a google image search of handmade cards with sunflowers and fence just served to show that it probably isn’t that original an idea and so if you are one of the many consider yourself duly acknowledged please!!

That’s all for today, hope yours is full of sunshine!

4 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic card and such a terrific idea to have the sunflowers in a box inside

Love Chrissie x

Jacee said...

How fabulous Cindy, I absolutely adore this, what a fantastic birthday someone will have receiving this!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card and such a good idea, your friend will love it.
Yvonne

Sandy said...

That' quite okay - you made this pretty Birthday box card and that is what matters - beautifully made!
Sandy xx

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...